Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Eine Melange, Bitte

It probably comes as no surprise that I have remained adamant in my kaffeehaus hunt. Although I am beginning to settle, I've made a few more discoveries since January.

Café Bräunerhof

Large, tasty portion of eggs, good atmosphere, central location, and friendly waitstaff. No internet.

Café Tirolerhof

Also conveniently located - behind the Staatsoper, comfortable seating, nice service. Again no internet. In my defense, I went to both of the above on recommendations from people who said they had had internet access there.

Prince Coffee Club

Photos curtesy of Stadtbekannt and PCC, respectively

I rather liked this place. Giant and chocolaty mugs of hot chocolate, good munchies, at the Hoher Markt, a little on the hipster side, but I found myself able to be quite productive there. Too bad they closed last month.

Café Sperl

Yes, I know I've mentioned Hitler's Haunt before, (and one of the film locations for A Dangerous Method and Before Sunrise), but I have since discovered their Sprelschnitte. This is a new favorite treat. Maybe if I make friends with the waitresses they'll give me the recipe when I go home. Hey, a girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment